Thursday, September 11, 2008

What I'd Rather Write

I always regret truth the next morning....

I just don't want to be known for exposures of others. That's not where my heart is anymore. I have some piercing, even painful observations to put forth for consideration. But it's just this thing about grace which forces me out of that comfy spot on the sidelines. I joined the team and then sat on the benches, retired from performing any service except scrutiny. It's where I get to critique others but otherwise never take a chance on changing anything important.

Or, I could get out there but hang out with those like me....

I'd love to be writing more posts on how I read the scriptures which teach me my beliefs, like for instance the story of the woman who bled for twenty years. I want to write about her and her life in scripture, with all the background of the OT law and how it made her feel, and then one day, she saw Jesus and believed.... I will call this post's title "The Doctrine of the Hem." Oh, I want to dig in, to the stuff that fulfills me as I already am persuaded (now that I know I'm not crazy or an outcast).

There is a third option. To look at the entire playing field and see God really do something "as His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts greater than my thoughts"....

The desire vying in me is to write about grace, and the incarnation. Two-thousand years ago there was One who was theologically correct, that spent His life to dwell among those who were wrong. This Emmanuel is powerful and even just writing it makes me hope that He might fulfill His ways of salvation.

So, posts of scrutiny have become largely boring, for me. I use them as part of the restitution process, but, my heart isn't in it as much as it would have before. I'm looking for a reason to not use them. I'm looking as devotedly as I can.

It just feels like a mistake, to spread the "truth" side of the "truth and grace" mix. But... is it?

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)