Monday, October 20, 2008

I Wear Freedom Boldly

When strangers come together in one place, they pass these little stickers out and everyone puts one upon their shoulder. On this sticker they usually write their name and where they come from.

Today at this time I know that I am a sinner, I have plenty of reasons why I know that God is essentially displeased with things I do and say. But I have no fear, by faith. I run to faith because there with Christ I know no unspiritual man might rightly condemn me. There the One who trains me is sufficient to get the whole job of sanctifying my life, complete.

Recently I attended the Free Grace Alliance National Conference in Arlington, Texas. I was alone as I flew on a plane and stayed in a hotel room for a couple nights, and (with one obvious exception) I did not know if anyone I knew, would be there. But I was not truly alone. I knew from the moment I purchased the tickets, Who I went for. Upon my shoulder I wrote this inwardly: "The Reputation of Christ." Galatians 2:17....

"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!"

Is this not an amazing privilege? I think so. Who would not be eager at the chance?

I'm passionate about the sufficiency of the Holy Spirit to lead, correct, rebuke, reproof.... Yeah, I sin, I'm "crossless," and at times I've been a fool. But still I have no fear! The very boldness that comes by faith alone in Christ alone is the most powerful sermon ever offered at any time, anywhere, in my heart and way of thinking. His calling is to proclaim and defend this Gospel.

The LORD has been good to me. It has been kindness, and it's undeserved, even apparently.

See my previous two posts for more on this:
Conference's Confirmation
Saved Through Faith?

4 comments:

Aletheia said...

and after a very hard day where my flesh begged me to just keep on being cranky.....

your joy overspills and pushes me over so that I can get out of the way and See Him again...

ty Michele, ty you for carrying the banner

i am reminded of His mercy

Sanctification said...

Aletheia,
Your constant presence reminds me I haven't strayed too far from reason and righteousness...

:D
Michele

Rose~ said...

A nice post to read for me too - you do have an inspiring quality about you, Michele.

Sanctification said...

Ohh, thanks Rose! You don't know how much that means to me. I know I have a few personality flaws at the edges of me that sometimes take center stage. Beyond trusting God I don't often know if what I give is actually good....

Oh, and BTW, I wish you could have come with in the end. I would have had such a superior time if you had been there, just thinking selfishly. I know you would have been incredibly edified by it just as I.

Michele

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)