Thursday, March 09, 2006

-- this is dumb --

Okay, so a close friend pointed out to me that this morning was the tryouts in LA for the show, "So You Think You Can Dance" on FOX.

Yeah, go ahead and chuckle.

Dangit. Was thinking about it, actually have been thinking about it for a long time. I don't know how good I am. Maybe I'm not good at all. BUT....

I still want to try!

The only way I can do it now is if I go to Chicago on the 24th or South Carolina on the 30th. Tickets to Chicago are $421. How can I justify such an expense?? I really can't.

Is that the end of the conversation, then??

3 comments:

MaioCampo said...


Is that the end of the conversation, then??


Depends entirely on you.

Can you live with $421 stopping you from a shot at a dream?

When it comes to passing on a dream I think it all boils down to the reasons for the pass. I grew up dreaming of becoming a Disney Animator/Graphic Designer... I even started college after my mission headed in that direction. But eventually I came to realize that the toll required for me to achieve my dream was too much for me to ask my family to pay.

I eventually did some compromising and changed majors. I changed from Graphic Design to Information Technology and took some GD classes on the side. Now I know enough about computers and Graphic Design to hurt myself. Heh, heh.

I do still watch today's movies, animated and CGI, and look at all the commerical art around me and sometimes feel a pang or two for what I walked away from... but when those kids come home from school and give me a hug they all go away.

Now it isn't always necessary to give up a dream for family. Plenty of people do both. But it truly is a decision that I think you should make as a family.

That's what MaioCampo's Thinkin'. ;)

Jules said...

Hey Groove Master!

Oh well, maybe next time!

I e-mail you at comcast but know you use gmail now. can you e-mail me from there so I have your new address.

Jules

Sanctification said...

Thanks Maio, that really helped. I'm not unique in problem, duh.

Homie G, the "Groove" is supposed to be a silent Groove "G" as in "G-Master," remember? That's so to keep our true identities covert. ;)

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)