Tuesday, March 07, 2006

An Amazing Weekend

I can't share details, but I am so thankful that God gave me this last weekend.

God literally blew me away. I walked in with one set of ideas & prejudices, and walked out being totally set free to take faith in God's work outside my own understanding. It was only because God put a heart in me for service in this unique circumstance that I even stuck around to submit to a possible mind-opener, but once I committed, there was no other place I wanted to be than there, uncomfortable, challenged, and humbled.

With every hour of meditation or discussion I was -- ripped apart -- in almost every matter. Told that I was wrong. Shown that I was wrong. Shown that I was self-righteous and narrow-minded; slapped in the face by conviction over my own behavior.... But I wasn't afraid.

I was made more exhausted by the mental restructuring than I was by the physical work.

I am so thankful that God has decided to let me be blessed by being around many who can tell me why I am wrong.

I meant it when I said to my friend in the midst of that time with her, "I'd rather be corrected over any cost to myself."

It doesn't mean that she was right about all things. She was right about many things. However her rebukes numbered less than the Lord's in my heart. And because I could see God with her in her deep faith and her obedience, He was admonishing me about how His sovereignty ought to be honored.

Sovereign: independent of all others; supreme in power, rank, or authority

I'll rank that experience as one of my top transforming moments.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)