Saturday, August 23, 2008

More evangelism success



I spend nearly all my time around children and in my home. The only exceptions I made are an occasional errand I run when my husband is here or when we go to church.

This morning was one of those exceptions. I was running out for a few things and when I returned the whole family including the dog, were gone. So I started some dishes in peace. Then the doorbell rang. I told the neighbor kids there were no girls here for them to play with. They stared at me like it didn't matter. I said "Do you want to come in anyway?"

These three kids are from a remarriage, a boy aged 7, and two girls both aged 6. Their parents are young and I think, and there are some things they seem to be having difficulty with in their relationships.

I already am preparing for going to the state fair where CEF is having a booth for the Wordless Book., on Tuesday and Saturday next. I asked the kids if they would be my guinea pigs, and they agreed.

I led them through all five "pages". They were engaged in the story. We talked about what sin was, some examples of it. We talked about where Jesus is (inside us). They seemed happy. I asked them if I could pray with them to God, and they said yes.

Two of them have recently told me that their grandma likes to pray with them, so I asked, "Did your grandma ever tell you the story about Jesus?" No, they said. Praise God that they have heard it now!

The other girl, both now and before during the five day kids club in June said, "I go to church!!" So I asked her, are you ready to go to heaven? "Yes, because I am good." This, after the story, and after her mockingly folding her hands for prayer.

She's a smart little cookie. I don't think she's there, yet.

I know that no good thing happens that the LORD has not given in His precious kindness. The glory is God's!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

What a wonderful opportunity to show Chirst's love and share the truth! You are a true inspiration!

Missy said...

I remember a saint like you in my neighborhood growing up! I was a bit like that smart cookie myself. I'll never forget the seeds she planted that took almost 2 decades to germinate. You never know what God will do next!

Blessings,
Missy

Sanctification said...

Thank you Teresa and Missy, so much for saying that. I grew up without hearing the gospel. I wonder how it would be different if someone had shared it. So glad to hear that you were given that good start, Missy.

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)