Friday, March 21, 2008

Augustine's effects

I want to do a small series of posts on the histo-theological legacy of Augustine, as I have been given a short lesson recently. I give the disclaimer, yes, this is indeed just another opinion. This is not my knowledge, not my study, but someone else's, presented for what I hope is my benefit. The charges themselves, even if incorrect or biased as most opinions are to some degree, are intriguing, and challenge me to both think and begin to research for myself what happened, what I believe, and why I do so. I hope that, as you read along lightly, you too may get some small benefit from shared interest in these topics.

To quote the warning given me many times in five years of discussion with those at My LDS Stuff (currently disbanded for reconstruction), "You Protestants don't even understand the history of your faith and why you believe it."

I am hoping that it's only been me giving such a poor example all this time!

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)