Monday, March 24, 2008

Again:

Again, this series is important to me, because it affects how I understand truth. As I research, I notice there is a pre-established voice of criticism for Augustine complimenting what I was recently taught. Association with him makes certain doctrines/movements in history consequently get tagged as faulty, but I prefer to bypass the proper names entirely. It's the ideas that matter. In the realm of thought, conclusions bring limitations, and those limitations test logic and experience. Historical Christianity is the story of men handling the stuff of God for the purpose of sharper conclusions.

There is more at stake beyond just another apologetic ping pong match. What if the portion of error in just one conclusion is enough to cul-de-sac the Christian life? This is the testimony of more than just myself.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)