Friday, April 29, 2005

where I am lately

When I'm online I am mostly over at the Delphi ICOC forum, talking about the doctrinal issue of baptism, that dipping in water is irrelevant for salvation. The conversation is going well.

I am also talking over at Fellowship Hall with an evangelical who thinks that God accepts polygyny.

I have a couple of blogs formulating in my mind, and I plan to write them at the right time.

Today I was at bithright, and a boyfriend called very nervous about his girlfriend potentially being pregnant. They are both Christians. She came in and took a test. She and he both said that they were amazed at the help and respect they were given. He says it's a stark comparison with going to Planned Parenthood.

Good.

I told her I was a Christian, too, and I told them of my own experience of receiving forgiveness of my sins and how I named my daughter "grace" because of the conviction that God had indeed forgiven me even though I didn't feel like it. She was amazed to talk to someone who had been in her similar situation. I am glad that God sent her on this day to Birthright, and that He used me. Those two weeks of my prayers to God "Please, let this cup pass from me," regarding whether or not I was pregnant, was a torment I would not want to repeat or wish for anyone. But it is all worth it when I realize that God can use me because of my experience (we comfort those in their time of need with the same comfort we have received from God).

God was also faithful to me in that He prepared me to speak to her. I was a little nervous because I had the impression they were considering abortion. And I feel such a burden to love them that I almost can't bear it. But God was very good to me because He made everything about me come from the heart and made me trust Him with completing the task of loving her.

God is good to me.

1 comment:

Sanctification said...

Hey Nate!

I was thinking you might leave a comment, so this time before you do I get to ask you, do you have a blog? Tell me a little about yourself. How long have you been a Christian?

sanc

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)