Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dear Diary

Even today I read (in a JW publication) that talking for any real investment online is a waste of time. Because people can be whoever they want to be. I often wonder about those I have met online. I wonder how much of their life is really a reflection of the "together-ness" they emit electronically.

For me it brings out the exact opposite effect. Because I am not there in the room with them I am not submitting my own opinions, desires, or speech. Because this is all that is left when you take away physical presence. So it makes my ideas, speech, opinions that otherwise goes unnoticed or accounted for, take center stage.

Instead of being less honest, being here and blogging helps me to be more honest. There is nothing I have interest in holding back about. Except when I think about dropping links to others to come and read whom I know in real life, like my husband or girlfriends or whatever. Then I lose out a bit. But nothing's perfect. I always gotta try and be considerate first and foremost. Or do I?

This is my diary. With a little of the most extreme (if such things exist) parts left unspoken.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)