Thursday, March 26, 2009

Steve Saint Came

On March 11th I wrote a post mentioning that Steve Saint was planning to visit our church. Well, he came and it was amazing. My neighbor and I went to church super early, and we got to spend some time hanging out with him before he spoke. What can I say?

Saint lets me have a photo with him, and he even puts his arm around me, that's so sweet!

I took a video with my camera phone, sorry it's sideways but it's the audio that is interesting. Saint discusses how God opened the doors to the U.S. for Mincaye. Together these two men, just through standing side by side one another, testify of God's powerfully transforming grace!



Our sanctuary was packed and when he said he was supposed to wrap it up the crowd let out their grief, so he lingered a little longer to share a little more with us. After our release, all the books and videos available for purchase sold out in about five minutes.

In anticipation of his visit I remembered how one of my college roommates, Julie, who I've written about in my testimony, once wrote her own lyrics for a song. Her inspiration was Jim Elliott. That was back on March 6, 2006. This is a girl who he keeps on pouring grace and honor into my life. I have the very best of friends in her. Her talent is clear!

A picture of Julie and I a couple months back

He Is No Fool
by Julie GaNung

My life does not belong to me
So I must let it go
I can’t really live until I give
What I’m holding on to

Take my comfort and security
Give me You instead
Take what I thought I needed most
Give me a heart for others

Chorus:
He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep
To gain what he can’t lose
He is no fool, who follows in the path of Christ
Who died that we might live

And everything we thought was gain
Is now lost in Him
The desire to be in first place
Drives us to servanthood

Everything’s turned right-side up
Now we can understand
The promise of eternal riches
Means giving all you have



These lyrics have not been attempted publication, and she may need permission from Elisabeth Elliot. The title of the song is taken from a famous quote of Jim Elliott on October 28, 1949: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)