1 -- The doctrine of Law vs. Grace. What happened when I was in the class "Romans and Galatians" taught by Dr. Dale Taliaferro at the Grace Seminary of the Northwest, I will never forget. They read these books like I have been reading them. Amazing. I don't know if they've taken the application of these teachings into all the issues I have, but, hey.
2 -- Jesus said "It is finished." The average christian struggles to understand that to preach "we are saved by faith alone in Christ alone" means a variety of important freedoms, once being justified by that grace. When I have tried to explain this, it becomes difficult to be understood at all.
3 -- The doctrines of Calvinism leading me to a path of believing God all but authors sin. I did a good job reading the bible on my own, but somewhere I read TULIP and it became part of me. The outcome was that it stole my passion for the gospel and prayer and godliness. I thought I was keeping the well pure, but it makes sense that a little yeast gets in. How much more am I suffering because I haven't opened up to listening to others?
4 -- My testimony. Where else can you find a group who understands the importance of a Spiritual, inward salvation, and who also understands that scripture has all authority and is meant to have the final say in all matters? Amazing.
5 -- Their humility. There is something amazing experiencing that the one who ought to be seated at the table is instead a servant. As a woman, it is very difficult even for me to believe that what I think, matters. How refreshing it is to be treated with respect.
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. He chose the lowly things of the world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. (1 cor 1:26,28)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
profile
blog archive
-
▼
2008
(197)
-
▼
June
(18)
- If a JW comes knockin'
- The Letter of the Law
- Concordance: "Gospel"
- Paul & Prayer
- "The False Gospel Passages" 1 cor. 15
- Reading it foremost
- Who was Jesus when I was saved?
- Why I Fit in Free Grace
- "There's a baby boy wrapped around my neck" and ot...
- Faith, Belief, Knowledge
- The "Wordless" Bracelet Gospel
- You Will Know Them...
- Testify Again
- Snow Princess
- How liberal am I?
- Four-Point Declaration of Freedom
- The costs of one of the male kind
- "At the Cross"
-
▼
June
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment