Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I Fit in Free Grace

1 -- The doctrine of Law vs. Grace. What happened when I was in the class "Romans and Galatians" taught by Dr. Dale Taliaferro at the Grace Seminary of the Northwest, I will never forget. They read these books like I have been reading them. Amazing. I don't know if they've taken the application of these teachings into all the issues I have, but, hey.

2 -- Jesus said "It is finished." The average christian struggles to understand that to preach "we are saved by faith alone in Christ alone" means a variety of important freedoms, once being justified by that grace. When I have tried to explain this, it becomes difficult to be understood at all.

3 -- The doctrines of Calvinism leading me to a path of believing God all but authors sin. I did a good job reading the bible on my own, but somewhere I read TULIP and it became part of me. The outcome was that it stole my passion for the gospel and prayer and godliness. I thought I was keeping the well pure, but it makes sense that a little yeast gets in. How much more am I suffering because I haven't opened up to listening to others?

4 -- My testimony. Where else can you find a group who understands the importance of a Spiritual, inward salvation, and who also understands that scripture has all authority and is meant to have the final say in all matters? Amazing.

5 -- Their humility. There is something amazing experiencing that the one who ought to be seated at the table is instead a servant. As a woman, it is very difficult even for me to believe that what I think, matters. How refreshing it is to be treated with respect.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)