Saturday, January 19, 2008

The "event" of a decade

I got to pick what I did today because it was my birthday.

No cake. No ice cream. No fancy restaurant. I want to stay at home. I got a call last night from my brother-in-law who was wondering if we could watch the kids "Saturday night" so that he could take my sister out to a dinner and a movie. My parents haven't called... 'course I lost my cell phone a few weeks ago, so maybe they did. We went to church this morning as usual for Ben's upward basketball ministry, and as usual I spent the morning talking with my friend Becky and her husband Mike. Her parents came in for a surprise visit from Idaho and so at the end Becky asked if we would be up for a little babysitting so that they could go out to lunch and have a nice long talk. I looked at Ben, who said "It's your birthday, you do what you want!" :) On the heels I asked, "Can I watch the kids for my sister too?"

I think I have him overwhelmed. The tylenol bottle will be our significant ally.

A day of loving kids and cleaning the house? Sounds perfect. I did get "La Femme Nikita" Season Four, and a good reference book I wanted. So when things are in order I know I'll be breaking out one or the other.

I don't think it can get better than this. It is just as I want it.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)