Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Across the Street, Pt 2

My children and I went over and all three of them were well behaved (of course this is one of the most impotant things I can "do" for anyone in my way of initiating in the world). She spent much time on the phone trying to get her new med reduced so that she wasn't literally walking into walls. You can tell her body is giving out on her and she is frustrated.

She had wrapped a gift for our baby in a paper bag (since that's all she could physically manage) and she put stickers all over it to dress it up. It's things like this that makes me so aware of the preciousness in sacrifice, and it humbles me. She also included a card which said that children are a blessing from God. In her kitchen I saw a little handmade craft which said "On the eighth day God made cats."

There was a good deal of Chinese art and symbology, as well as another small Buddha taking a centerpiece area.

I mentioned how I'd have the baby wear his gift to church since it was so nice. And I am encouraged. If she believes in some sort of diety, whether she is non-Christian or persuaded about Jesus and just a fan of Eastern religious art, I think this is a really great place to start.

Now if I could just get my skill back for working my testimonies of various kinds into everday conversation, it'd be better, although praying about it beforehand was a comfort to just acknowledge that this is His work.

I think there is a small chance she might not pull through all of these complications... and so I've had eternity on the brain since the beginning.... However it never ceases to amaze me, that when I am set that it's time for me to go and "help someone for Christ" someone instead ends up really helping me. Why does it work that way? Maybe because accepting someone else's ministry is a part of having an honest and real relationship with others.

She didn't get enough time to visit and she would like us to come over again tomorrow.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)