Monday, September 18, 2006

Glory Thief

I'm not sure when I learned this, but somewhere along the recent way, I became grateful for this Christian compromise.

I said before that I was compromised and also satisfiedly so. But that was one degree too far. It is obvious I realize now that I may very well be experiencing compromise, but I am not satisfied to stay in it. I obviously feel uncomfortable. And I think that that can make all the difference. The man who beat his chest and could barely lift his eyes when asking for forgiveness, was doing a great job in His eyes.

Karen suggested that I saw myself as better than everyone else. And I did. I am glad that I was forced to experience an undeniable compromise. Because now I can understand and accept and relate to everyone else who is like this. Before, I would have wondered what was wrong, that they didn't care about their faith, maybe. Now I know so much better. It's not like that. It's simply beyond control, and more importantly it's a time to learn to be reliant on God's righteousness.

And I am the least of those who understand how to do that. It's certainly an unwanted step in part of my heart. Once again, others are doing better at following after God than I ever assumed could be true.

So what about all those times when God poured out wisdom and peace over my heart, before my age of compromise? I think now, that I should have remembered I knew already, it was simply a gift. God was being kind to me. It wasn't from me, it was from Him.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)