Saturday, July 16, 2005

'Pitchy, dawg'

Yeah, I haven't read that OT bible like I wanted and planned to.

Tonight while I've been online at some Christian sites I've been running into some material that Satan is trying to use to defraud me....

DEFRAUD: To take something by fraud; swindle: 'defrauded the immigrants by selling them worthless land deeds;' to deprive of by deceit.

It is the attempt to barter my satisfaction with life as I have it, for a superficially shiny, worthless and enslaving line of thinking and behavior.

I used to feel this kind of pressure coming on and be afraid. But I'm not tonight. I know I won't get stuck. Because as soon as I realized that the pressure to sin was coming on, I thought about all my recent bondage and remembered the lesson I learned:

===He wants me to stay close to him, and if I do He will let me be free of it.===

So I immediately turned to Him and said no to the sin. I am free as I write this. Praise God.

It's not so much about reading my bible--although if I were not busy then yes I ought to have been. It matters more about when I am in that moment when Satan sees the chance to pull my heart away and estrange me to God, which path do I take? The verge of the two paths was the point I was at, just a moment before I wrote this blog.... I could have hung out in the doorframe of the bad path for a bit, but I didn't.

Sin seems so easy to say no to now. Because of how clear He has made things to me so that I can be truly happy.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)