Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's Amazing

My counselors have been pleading with me to read my bible as opposed to do anything else, and to turn to Jesus alone in prayer as well, and not do anything else.

I knew this week was going to be hard. It wasn't going to just last the weekend, so last Sunday I asked my church to please pray for me, for the sake of spiritual warfare going on in my heart. My small group bible study is praying for me. The Fellowship Hall is praying for me.

This morning I felt healed, when I woke up.

I finally surrendered and decided to read my bible for the sake of what was happening with me. And I found an awesome answer.

I started in Joel and I read this passage where "nation" is a symbol for "demon":

"A nation has invaded my land
powerful and without number;
it has the teeth of a lion,
the fangs of a lioness.
It has laid waste my vines
and ruined my fig trees.
It has stripped off their bark
and thrown it away,
leaving their branches white." 1:6-7

-spiritual warfare-

And I kept reading into the next book, Amos, where I read:

"Woe to you who are complacent
in Zion,
and to you who feel secure on
Mount Samaria,
you noteable men of the foremost
nation,
to whom the people of Israel come!

The Sovereign Lord has sworn by himself--
the Lord God Almighty declares:

'I abhor the pride of Jacob
and detest his fortresses;
I will deliver up the city
and everything in it.'

...

'But you have turned justice into
poison
and the fruit of righteousness into
bitterness--
you who delight in the conquest of Lo
Debar
and say, "Did we not take
Karnaim by our own
strength?"

'For the Lord God Almighty declares,
"I will stir up a nation against
you, O house of Israel,
that will oppress you all the way
from Lebo Hamath to the valley
of the Arabah."'" 6:1, 8, 12-14

So God is using the oppressiveness of my sin to humble me. Well, it's more than obvious to me that I need humbling.

Way to go God.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)