Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lybrand's Parenting Course

Dr. Lybrand's Parenting Course is titled, The Absolute Quickest Way to Help Your Child's Behavior Change. It is available as an audio download and as paperback.
This is the parenting course I would want my friends to own. I would particularly give it to those friends who are worried that they cannot be a success. I know I struggle with it also from time to time. I get surprised when I feel frustration. My children come up with new ways to break principles I want them to possess! Recently my most obedient, oldest child (a nine-year-old) began a habit of whining when I tell her to go do something. I was shocked since she stopped whining when she was two (why is this behavior coming back from the grave?).

I really feel great after listening to the audio version of Lybrand's book. Perhaps I knew inwardly some of these ideas, and then after hearing them and meditating on them over these months I feel more free than ever to be a success as a parent! The 4 questions Fred taught have been there to help me move fluidly through the difficult moments without getting bogged down with the frustration phase. This material restores moms and dads with the capacity to parent and the ability to influence their children. I am convinced it is the right message, one that delivers solutions.

My biggest failing as a parent is that I am not as close to our three kids as I want to be. I have loved the training aspect of being a mom. They are very good children and so it's easy to just let them do their own thing. It is a rut I fall back into. Once upon a time it was a hard heart on my part. I struggled to want to be around them. Now I do, but I find that life creeps in and steals my intention to get them to open up and share more of themselves. If I can get what I want from them (obedience) then everything else is extra credit, I guess I operate as if. Does that sound awful? I think it does! I use Lybrand's course to motivate myself as parent to follow-through with my children. I have started taking my older girls out for "Mommy-Daughter Dates." We have great and memorable times that reinforce our relationship in the rest of our normal routine. It is relieving some of the pressure of what I know I am missing.

If you are interested in this course for you or a friend, visit Lybrand's website (Joy 2 Parent) linked above. Right now he is running a promotional price of $47.00 if the enrollee will commit to tell 5 friends about the course... "ONLY AFTER you are convinced the material has helped your parenting talent," it says. This is a great deal (if you have five parent-friends!) and is available until January 31, 2011.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)