Monday, February 25, 2008

Of Mice and a Little Man

Okay, so yeah, I felt like a bad mommy for choosing the word "evil" to describe Elijah, but guess what he's done today? The house is clean, and he's ignoring his toys. The first place he went was toward the bathroom. I came around and found him standing against the toilet, reaching his arm down in it to make fun splashes. Yuck! Then I went about my business, came into the kitchen where he had two chemical bottles from underneath the sink--but the cabinets weren't even open (how did he figure out how to open those ones; it's a mystery). Ahh! Gave him some shampoo bottles in exchange, crisis averted. An hour later I did some laundry upstairs, came down and discovered the mouse and keyboard off the desk and lying on the floor. No! Lizzy came over to me and shared a drawing and when she talked about Lijah she said he was pinching her back. Bad boy.
Then I went back into the laundry room and he followed me, stopped at the garbage can (a stand-alone aluminum canister with a lid), stood up against it, opened the lid and started tugging at a dirty diaper hanging out at the surface. Eeew!

The day's not even half-over!

He's not walking yet, just crawling. I can only imagine what things could be like once he does, or when he starts running, or... climbing?!?

As I write this he's stretched his height to grab up onto the camcorder cord, and it started sliding slowly toward the edge of the desk. Hands off, baby!

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)