Friday, April 27, 2007

I remember!

Last Tuesday night I went to the women's bible study working through Mark and we discussed 14:3-9. In the passage was the word "alabaster." "Alabaster, alabaster," I kept mulling over to myself, "I've studied that word before somewhere." No longer was this an ordinary story of another jar, now in my memory I remember the story of that alabaster box!

The story was told in a Christian living book called "Lady in Waiting." It was the first Christian publication beyond just the bible I had ever read in the year and a half since realizing that I was a Christian. Some other Christian group on campus started a ladies' bible study and to me, culture shock indeed! The concept of studying the bible to change my life, prayer requests and opening prayers before studying, all of it, brand new to me.

All I could remember last Tuesday night of that study long ago, was a song by Avalon that said everything about how my faith in Christ had grown... It was "Can't Live A Day." It was my strength for the commitment I had made, and I listened to it over and over.

That is, till last night, when I cracked open the book again. Funny, I remembered the content of the story of the alabaster box, without the heart of its meaning. There on a mere page three I remembered how when I was 21 I cried tears, and I cried tears again. Immediately I felt a desire to fall at His feet like I had back then.

Now, I remember! I remember everything that I had been through. The book encouraged me that I could trust God to bring me His selection of a husband, if I would only trust Him to do it.

Then, I met Ben.

Just as the LORD had encouraged me to step out, He coorespondingly caught me and proved His majesty, His long-suffering kindness, and the greatness of His inheritance, by letting me get to know such a wonderful, wonderful man. I knew that the LORD loved me. I knew that I could always trust Him. And I knew without a doubt, that He was real.

How could I forget this? I don't understand. What happened, to me?

The LORD deserves my heart. More than anything else in the whole world I can find, even noble, even wonderful things... none of them compare to the greatness of Jesus.

Lady in Waiting, Jones/Kendall

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)