Friday, November 10, 2006

Uterine Communiques

On Monday I bought a turkey but since it's a little early I had to pay $.58 per pound, so it was 14 dollars when, if I had waited a little longer closer to the holidays I could have gotten it for as cheap as four dollars total. I was excited to make a thanksgiving meal early, and planned to make it Thursday (yesterday). Well, between AWANA on Wednesday night till about 9:30 and my new bible study (worthy of it's own post) starting at nine in the morning, I changed my plan and decided to make everything but the turkey on Thursday. Since it is 24 pounds it needs 8.333333 hours to cook and I was watching an infant and a seven year old so I decided even if I started it after the study no one would be awake enough to enjoy it out of the oven. I'll save it for Saturday....

So here I am writing in the aftermath. My house still smells good and my hair and hands still smell like onions even though I took a shower. But most importantly I am unexpectedly tired.

When people ask me how the pregnancy is going I have always said "inconspicuous," because apart from having a lump-tummy that occasionally fluttered and feeling strain occasionally for long periods of time standing, I was completely and utterly normal. In fact, I'm not sure if I mentioned this way back in some blog post, but, for a long, long time it's felt most like 'the twilight zone,' you know, if some person walked up to *you* right now and told you, "You're four months pregnant," you'd be like "Are you crazy? How could I be? Could it possibly be true?" especially, if you are male. :) That's what it's been like.

I think I've finally entered into a new phase. My bones are spreading, and most everything feels bothered with a little ache. It takes me twice as long to do anything because I can't focus and I'm tired. If you looked at me you'd see the difference now, too. No more that decent photo of me here in my profile, taken at 17 weeks. My eyes are sunken and dark, my hair is confused, and my acne is back, and by saying "back" I mean that it's gotten substantially more noticeable since I've had acne from when I was eight.

Okay, I know where this is going. I'm out of the running in terms of attempting a decent appearance and physical ability, for the next year.

Time to cut stuff from the schedule. Or to quit thinking so ambitiously for myself.

Baby, too, has entered into a new phase. No more swishing flutters. When I lay down, that's when baby takes the stage. He dance, kicks, and stretches out my insides, proving to me that he can and will use all ten inches of his length if necessary. "Knock it off, mom; you need to quit running around."

Okay. Words of wisdom from the utero-one.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)