Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Broken God-Work

"Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me"

-- Jeremy Camp, "Walk by Faith"

In my current weekly schedule I have to drive past that OP church I mentioned in my last post, at least twice a week now. I drive by it and keep looking for something by which I can feel justified to make contact again. A car I recognize, an actual member standing outside... but it's always very quiet and devoid of movement, which is the way I absorb the spiritual timing of my relationship with them.

I think it rather interesting that, as the times in my life wax and wane toward passion for this or that, God is preparing me for each kind of service and ministry. I believe it is God's will for this schedule to be like it is because as I drive by these people so often as I do now, they have once again come to the forefront of my hopes and desires and ache. So I am preparing for the ministry I have absolutely nothing to show for right now, that I hope God will one day give me.

"delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

So if I am delighted to think of God letting me relationally loving them, then it is God willed to have fulfillment at some point, else it is His desire for me to offer up that passion to be sacrificed because I know God is bigger than me and He accomplishes many or all good things through my faith and prayers.

And since I can see that now is not the right time, I know it is His desire to wait on Him, trusting Him with their lives, trusting Him to love them, trusting Him to make me into something that they might need to see.

Emptiness is a refiner of souls.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)