Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rwanda update (3)

Praise God for a great encouragement! This IS AMAZING.

At the Rwanda 2008 Mission Blog, this is my favorite moment. Pastor Greg enters one of the largest prisons in the world, full of murderers from the 1994 genocide:

Nobody said a word to us as we entered an amazing and antiquated site housing over 6,000 prisoners. You could hear hundreds of voices singing praises to God all over the prison grounds (even outside the wall) when we arrived. I knew I was in for something special. I would say 1500 prisoners were packed in the area celebrating worship like most American Christians have never experienced.

God's ways are beyond understanding!

He adds in email his own prayer requests:

pray for personal time and for rest, and to have power to preach two services (1500 people each) this Sunday. Limited time has made my study prep nearly impossible, so pray I preach with power, and clarity just what God wants. I'm comforted to realize its the message, not the messenger that is important. I plan to preach I Cor 15....

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)