Saturday, June 14, 2008

"There's a baby boy wrapped around my neck" and other similar confessions

There is a certain amount of honor and praise due for a father of three crazy kids... this father's name is Ben.

The youngest likes to roll, roll roll on the floor, closer and closer, then, one foot up, one leg up, a torso, another scootch, and voila, there is a baby boy wrapped around your head, from the neck up.

The middle wants to be a mommy right now so that she can tell everybody what to do. "Elizabeth, go sit down at the table and finish your dinner," her daddy says. She replies back, saying, "No. If you don't let me go play, I'm going to go pee pee in my underwear... [dramatic pause]."

The eldest says, "My stomach hurts, it's probably because I'm hungry. Can I have a popsicle?" And her daddy says, "I'm going to make you sit down at the table and finish off another plate of salad." She pauses, in deep thought, and then says, "I was wrong, it wasn't hungry, I just probably need to go outside and play some more."



Here is to one of the best fathers I have known...

Oh, and P.S., to my dad, you're pretty awesome stuff.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)