Saturday, May 28, 2005

Watching

I never liked the song "Amazing Love" by the Newsboys because it was so plain. Until yesterday. As I was listening to it I thought of a lesson I am learning. I think about who I was at 16, before I was saved. My vision for my life back then, was very similar to the lives of people I hung out with, in terms of what they go through now as adults. And yet here I am, with so many good things around me, so much joy and satisfaction with life in my heart, so blessed. That could have been my life. But it wasn't.

I'm forgiven
Because you were forsaken
I'm accepted
You were condemned
I'm alive and well
Your Spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again
Amazing love
How can this be
That you my King
Would die for me

My life was exchanged for a better one. And He took my place. I think of all those situations that former friends have been through, and I understand that Jesus took my place so that I could have an abundant life.

While listening to the song and reminiscing the images from the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" starring Orlando Bloom and Liam Nelson came into my mind, when I hadn't thought about it otherwise since I saw it a couple weeks back.



I recalled the scene where Orlando was out there with the people who were the servants of his land he had been given.... There he was, sweating in the sun with them, dirty, working alongside them, leading them in it, and I thought, "This is my God." Jesus covered himself with the dirt and sweat so that He could be with me. The woman who was the queen of Jerusalem was there in the shadows in the palace, watching him, watching how the people followed and embraced him, and he embraced them back. She knew that this was a good man, and you could tell that she was impacted to want to follow him too. The plot had been leading from the very beginning of the movie with the burden of Jerusalem needing a true king, a faithful king, and it was implied that Orlando would eventually take that role.

The woman in the shadows, who was intent on watching for the good in this man, that is my personality. As I peer on Jesus, I too like the movie am convinced

"You are my King
You are my King
Jesus you are my King" as they sing....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

-Your friendly neighborhood Christian cultist ;)

Sanctification said...

;) I think I know who you are, but I'm not sure.

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)