Thursday, May 19, 2005

Compliment

My mother and I were talking on the phone and we started talking about how to handle some situation.... And she said to me, "You know how I have always talked about when I am at work I can tell those who are close to God, even if I just meet them briefly, and I tell you that they seem to have a halo around their head? That there is something heavenly about them? Well I have never told you this but I have this same feeling about you. You know I can see the difference in you and your sister and she has so many anxieties and struggles and it's like... Well, not exactly like you are at peace because I know that you often struggle hard with many things but you just must know and have God to fall back on to comfort you, and that is why it seems like you are always at peace."

I didn't know what to say. She went on to talk and reminisce about how I, several years back, brought home my Christianity and started preaching with a baseball hat to the head, and she simply couldn't understand where this religiosity was coming from, but she gets it now finally, looking back.

Wow. What she said could be taken right out of the bible. I just happen to be quoting today some of these very passages

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 cor 12:9-10

"The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing." is 51:3

When I became a Christian ten years ago, this was the vision given to me: that I would be a part of His cause for right, and one day my parents would see His great love that was given to me and to them. I had no clue that today was the day that I would hear it so easily confessed by my mother. What a confirmation that Christ has truly made my life a thing of beauty.

I so long to have Christ glorified, in my life. I am greatful that I was granted both this desire and ability to the portion I have been given.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)