Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dr. Fred Chay's FGA National Conference Presentation

Readers may remember the Free Grace Alliance National Conference lecture series which I have shared paraphrases on here at my blog since last October, when the Conference took place.

I greatly enjoyed all those sessions, but this one may have been the best one, even though it's a close call. It is the only one I felt I wanted to share that I did not keep sufficient notes on. (Sometimes the best messages are the ones you can't even bother to write.) No need now! These sessions are all now available on video.

Enjoy.

Mentoring: Dr. Fred Chay from Free Grace Alliance on Vimeo.



Some soundbytes from his session:

"People need people to become people."

"You need to have the real disease and you need to be close enough to others to infect them."

"This is the pastoral work called 'The Curer of Souls.'"

"The goal is to help perpetuate faithful followers through the Spirit, the scriptures, and the saint of God. It can be a messy job, but I believe it is one we are called to do."

"The spirit of collaboration is not optional."

"it is a ministry of affiliation and association."


I found these FGANC lecture videos at this site through linking through Dr. Fred Lybrand's new blog rich with links.

5 comments:

agent4him said...

Michele,

I just heard the whole thing. I can confidently say I've never heard anyone express so precisely my own vision and mission in life.

Thank you for that. This is exactly where I hope the FG movement begins moving---living out the grace we have professed---and I hope FGA takes Fred's charge seriously.

I look forward to working together more directly with Fred on the ongoing Steve Lewis round-table initiative on the differences between GES and FGA.

Sanctification said...

Hi Jim,

Before I reply, and I have been thinking a lot on his comments, I'd like to quote his summary & prayer:

"So I do not write many books, for I see my life as my book written on the lives of some men who are smarter than I am, more talented than I am, and who by God's grace will have a significant impact for the grace and the glory of God, long after I have passed on the scene. We have a dream, and we have a task to accomplish that dream. It involves by the grace of God building into men and women, for as the proverbs declare "iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another". Dr. Radmacher has done that, Dr. Ryrie has done that, many have done that for us, to us, and it is incumbent upon us to do the same. Because the Free Grace movement is fragile. And we need more and more of us, training more and more of you, to continue.

Let me pray. Father let me thank you for the great challenge you've given us, and it is a joy. Lord I pray that you will guide these good men and women; guide me, as we seek to invest our lives into people who will honor you. Lord we're just a little group of people, in the midst of evangelicalism which seems to not know where it's going. Lord we believe we know where things need to go. And so Father be pleased to use us, as we communicate the grace of God in our lives, and emulate it to others. In all of this Lord may You be honored, may You be glorified, and we pray this in Christ Your Name. Amen."

Sanctification said...

Hi Jim,

You said, "I can confidently say I've never heard anyone express so precisely my own vision and mission in life."

Amen!

You said, " This is exactly where I hope the FG movement begins moving---living out the grace we have professed---and I hope FGA takes Fred's charge seriously."

Amen.

Dr. Chay does Wednesday night bible study at the church where a friend pastors down in Phoenix. I'm excited like you.

It's impossible for me not to respect men such as yourself, Dr. Chay, and Antonio because of their perspective on this issue.

Thanks, Michele

goe said...

Michele,

I posted a video of Dr. Radmacher on my blog that I think will answer the questions that you've asked Diane and Alvin. I hope it helps.

Sanctification said...

Oh good Gary, I look forward to watching that! Thanks for trying to explain it to me and being patient with what I bring up. I was reading my testimony again, that post from way back last year, and I realized that many of my opinions haven't changed since then.

Michele

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)