Saturday, December 06, 2008

A Humble Seminarian

Today I had the incredible opportunity to attend another free grace seminar at the Grace Seminary of the Northwest.

There was a free lectureship on Praise and Worship given by Dr. Radmacher's son, Dan Radmacher. At some point I would love to share what I learned, which was the contrast between didactic and experiential worship. So interesting!

One seminary student there who has been in all the classes as I, came up and shook my hand for the second time. His name is Steve Dehner. He shared how he had at some point come to cross paths with my blog, and had decided to start his own.

Steve is one of those students who, every time he asks a question of the professor, imparts as much history, context, word study product and doctrinal awareness into the question as he leaves for the professor to respond within. I honestly cannot tell the difference between the depth of his knowledge of the scriptures and the teachers of our courses. (Perhaps that shows you how unlearned I am, and nothing more!) Many times the professors have jokingly referred to him as a "plant in the audience" to facilitate learning for the class.

He and I have very briefly discussed the relationships of free grace theology, and now that I will be visiting his blog I will be discovering his convictions. It is a privilege.

While Steve has addressed free grace relationships in a post, his will is not to have the discord present at his blog site. Please consider this while commenting until he specifies there what he specifically desires.

The Gift and the Prize

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for pointing us to Steve's blog. I was blessed by reading it.
Michele, I appreciate ya.

Sanctification said...

Thanks, Peggie! So, what, you don't blog? Come on!

:D
Michele

Steve Dehner said...

Michele, thank you. I don't know what to say! I have been complaining about the harsh words flying about, then I read your post above -- so kind (too kind, perhaps), and VERY generous! I am humbled by your high opinion. I trust you won't be too disappointed when you know me better!
-steve

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)