Friday, August 03, 2007

A Perfect Day

I was laying in the park for a picnic with the kids, next to Lijah on the grass, watching the girls. Lijah reached up his hand and placed his palm gently on my cheek, many times, so that I would look down at him, as he gazed at me with love.

The girls kind of meandered around and Grace came over and layed down beside me and the baby. I guess having a playset of their own at home makes them spoiled... lazy bubs. She and I talked about a girl who helped Lizzy by giving her a push on the swings.

I said "A lot of the time teenagers are weird. But that girl is really nice, isn't she?"

"Yeah. And sometimes they're mean, too. Mom, do teenagers rock and roll?" she asked.

"Yes Grace," I replied, "teenagers love to rock out."

We had no where we needed to be, and it was so nice to just enjoy ourselves. The weather was perfect. So nice, I don't think I've experienced a finer day. The breeze was strong and cool, but not enough to chill, and the sun was very warm, but even though I was wearing jeans I didn't regret it. I wish I could catch the day in a bottle so that I could share it with others.

In the five minute drive back to our house this is what I heard on the radio:

I believe that He loves you where you are
I believe that you've seen the hand of God
I believe you'll know it when
You're back in His arms again
I believe that He never let you go
I believe that He wanted you to know
I believe that He'll lead you till
You're back in His arms again

--Mark Shult

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)