Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Who is the least? Who is the greatest?

I think I immaturely assumed that Christ's reputation is slandered when I don't measure up right. I expect it to be true and I feel like, to serve God, I have to be the greatest. But here is what I read in the bible:

"I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John, yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." luke 7:28

"The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one at the table? But I am among you as one who serves." luke 22:25

"For he who is least among you all -- he is the greatest." luke 9:48

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)