Monday, August 08, 2005

I got cliffnotes

This is enough! If I don't write out this entry I think I am going to burst! I have been trying to obey Him by getting things done for others. But maybe God is putting His foot down, and saying it is well-passed time to write this up.

For the last over two weeks my life has changed because of the vision I was given by the Word. And if there is any flaw in what I absorbed, it lies alone in my increasing inability to remember what I read.

If I was well-off in Christ before, I am wealthy now!

May I quote myself again, if you don't mind? On 4/22/05 and 4/24/05 I entered the following exerpt in a blog that I have since removed for the sake of my convictions about the goodness of content, but if you've been here reading along, you'll remember me saying:

"What is it that I am trying to express anyway? I am determined to put words to it. It is a powerful, passionate core that is so central, it's almost subconscious. I am looking for something, someone.... A force. A voice that is almost angry in its assertion, and strong, in its action to grab me. It has to meet me, find me, and take a very strong grip on me, in order for me to "stop," and submit and lose identity within. Yes; that's it. I will not settle for less. I have no interest in letting any other less-visionary have me or control me. I will walk away with my pony-tail swinging happily.... Like a little girl who finds the power of the word "no" to her parents' wishes. I feel like I must keep wading in these deep dark places. Because God wants to heal me. The depth of my darkness, and my weakness, will be a countermeasure for the height of the righteousness and wholeness He will put in their stead."

I would love to tell you about the person I saw in a book I had seldom read, called Revelations. Look at this!

"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.'"

“’I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.’ ... ‘I, Jesus...’”. Rev 22:13, 16;

“'And do not call anyone ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.'” matt 23:9

“’If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.’ Philip said, ‘Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.’ Jesus answered, ‘Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.” john 14:7-9

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Is 9:6

Jesus is fully the being of God! He is the Sovereign Lord! He himself is THE head-honcho! All answer to him at judgment in the same way they answer to the Father, which really means the same thing. Jesus is the Lord God Almighty. And look at what Jesus does when He returns!

“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. ... He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. ... He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.” Rev 19:1,13,15,16

“I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath; their blood splattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing. I trampled the nations in my anger; in my wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground.” Is 63:3, 6)

“They called to the mountains and the rocks, ‘Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?’” Rev 6:16-17

That's my Jesus! That is the Jesus who, "For to be sure, was crucified in weakness," (2 cor 13:4), the servant who humbled himself lower than all to show His mighty love. I always got the love out of looking at his grace and mercy given in his life's accomplishment. That was the part that transformed me into justification. What I couldn't get was the Lorship part. I could see how Jesus was claiming to be fully God, and I got that.... However it wasn't enough to bridge my gap. God's authority over my life was still suffering.

My heart and mind are dwelling in perception of this. Jesus was by comparison, soft-spoken 2000 years ago but sometime very soon He will be the stuff beyond that of movies. Now I know why God allowed the proliferation of Hollywood and how He will use it for his glory--I can see special effects in my mind of the real power that Jesus will display when He comes. Being fully Almighty God, and fully just, He will exact an excruciating punishment on all who rejected Him. What kind of a God-man is this, that wore a crown of thornes, yet is so chok-full of titles and authorities that even His thigh received the tremendous glory of displaying a mighty title like "King of kings and Lord of lords"?

This is a God-man that I confess, am fascinated by. A little scared of. But a whole lot, of driven consecration.

Never have I seen Jesus be more bold, about the things the world constantly argues about Him--his diety. Here He is, addressing the seven churches, all with his own different names for each one, like "The Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire," "him who has the sharp, double-edged sword," "the First and Last, who died and came to life again," "him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David," "the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." There isn't any hem-haw. He gives His names yet does not deliver them in subtlety like he did on earth.

This tremendous balance; it seems so simple now. The Lion and the Lamb. He is everything, he is my very life (colossians). Every aspect of it. I am so glad I know both, both aspects to who Jesus is. I am so glad that He is the one and only true God. I am so awed that he was so humble yet is so very great. I look forward to seeing this Man that I love who died for me, come back with all his tremendous might and even anger, carrying out justice without even a sidewards thought. What a unique, perfect Man this is.

Obeying Him is Sooooo easy. Seeing things in a perspective of faith is so easy. Why? Because I have seen His power. I know He is in control. Yes, of everything I could ever experience or worry about. Wow. It's so different, I wonder how any Christian would ever get by without such a book of "Revelation." It's almost a spoiler to the visionary path I was plodding on. I thought only cheaters used shortcuts.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)