Friday, January 08, 2010

"You need a miracle"

I do. I think every person needs a miracle, do you agree?

I recently got to visit with Dr. R. He asked me "You are interested in teaching. Is that not true?"

I said, "It's both a little more and a little less than 'teaching.' Where I feel myself to be is in 1 Peter 3, when it talks about how a wife lives before her husband. It says that if he does not obey the Word, she can live in such a way as to cause remembrance and evoke the deep meaning of Christ's principles, without words. The definition of the word 'chaste' from 1 Peter 3's 'chaste deportment' means 'to inspire reverence.' She knows that God is sovereignly conducting a grand display of Himself, and she is excited to be a small instrument in His hands. I fully expect, by faith, by my knowledge of how God uses His grace, by my understanding from the Word how God is totally and always engaged in redeeming through the simple and common stuffs of life, to be used in powerful ways in the every day, every day. God always gives these perfect 'coincidences.' I don't have to conjure or dream. He is just amazing, and He gives me material all the time to help put on display, or add richness, to His expressed will as the Word of God reveals."

As I explained how I wanted to serve the Church in the same manner as a wife to a husband, Dr. R.'s mind began to pique. He asked me if I knew who Bruce Wilkinson is, the author of "The Prayer of Jabez." He has begun reading another new book by Wilkinson. It is called "You Were Born for This" (below). This book is about every day things and service to God with full anticipation to be used in a way that evokes others' subjection to Christ through our day-to-day availability to Christ.

Wilkinson's text is all about us delivering miracles to others. However I can't help but acknowledge, having finished this book, that participation with Christ in delivering miracles opens my eyes to how much God uses other believers so that I receive miracles myself.



I want to begin a small series of excerpts from Wilkinson's book, and they will be tagged with the essence of his subject matter: "everyday miracles."


No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)