Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Little Detours

The next post was supposed to be about infant baptism. My notes are at home, sitting next to a computer that won't boot. It's on the fritz.

As I write this I am watching over my little nieces and nephew, who are just freshly tucked into bed. I am not sure this wasn't little Logan's first attempt at sleeping in a new toddler bed--when I went and checked on his tossing and turning for the upteenth time, he was gone--curled up next to his little big sister in her bed. Aww.

In two days I get on a plane to Baltimore. Julie and I are flying out to spend five days with Jenn. She flies from Seattle, I from Portland, and we meet in a layover. We'll be arriving late in the evening. Friday evening we'll make a drive for New York City. One night we will spend at her mother's house, another in a hotel. The biggest decisions that haven't yet been made are what we will use the weekend to go see. There has been a buzz going on for several weeks from those two. Me, I go with the flow. All I plan on doing is wearing walking shoes and something hip, and taking a backpack to carry water and my purse and the ten million brochures I'm sure I'll want to hold onto. I'd like to see ground zero. I also would like to visit the museums, but, the ones I would like the most (history) I could see some portion elsewhere and I am not sure my cohorts would enjoy nearly as much, of course. The Empire State Building would be fun to see again, ehh, it's been in a lot of movies. There is a list at least forty long of attractions to spend time and money on, but, I'm content to be led.

She and I arrive back to our homes Tuesday night late. I give thanks to an amazing husband who will stay with our three kids all those weekdays, especially because of a little curious chub who will not have his mommy to nurse-konk him out for bedtime.

I still haven't kicked that infection in my throat; it came back a couple nights right after I finished the antibiotics, so I'll start another series.

Soon, now, life will get a little less abnormal, I'll get back into the swing of things, and just maybe our computer will be cured of its illness, too?

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)