The next post was supposed to be about infant baptism. My notes are at home, sitting next to a computer that won't boot. It's on the fritz.
As I write this I am watching over my little nieces and nephew, who are just freshly tucked into bed. I am not sure this wasn't little Logan's first attempt at sleeping in a new toddler bed--when I went and checked on his tossing and turning for the upteenth time, he was gone--curled up next to his little big sister in her bed. Aww.
In two days I get on a plane to Baltimore. Julie and I are flying out to spend five days with Jenn. She flies from Seattle, I from Portland, and we meet in a layover. We'll be arriving late in the evening. Friday evening we'll make a drive for New York City. One night we will spend at her mother's house, another in a hotel. The biggest decisions that haven't yet been made are what we will use the weekend to go see. There has been a buzz going on for several weeks from those two. Me, I go with the flow. All I plan on doing is wearing walking shoes and something hip, and taking a backpack to carry water and my purse and the ten million brochures I'm sure I'll want to hold onto. I'd like to see ground zero. I also would like to visit the museums, but, the ones I would like the most (history) I could see some portion elsewhere and I am not sure my cohorts would enjoy nearly as much, of course. The Empire State Building would be fun to see again, ehh, it's been in a lot of movies. There is a list at least forty long of attractions to spend time and money on, but, I'm content to be led.
She and I arrive back to our homes Tuesday night late. I give thanks to an amazing husband who will stay with our three kids all those weekdays, especially because of a little curious chub who will not have his mommy to nurse-konk him out for bedtime.
I still haven't kicked that infection in my throat; it came back a couple nights right after I finished the antibiotics, so I'll start another series.
Soon, now, life will get a little less abnormal, I'll get back into the swing of things, and just maybe our computer will be cured of its illness, too?
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. He chose the lowly things of the world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. (1 cor 1:26,28)

No comments:
Post a Comment