Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dalmnation

On Friday the children and I were driving home from ballet and Grace interrupts, "Mommy, mommy mommy!"

"What Grace?" I ask.

"What's 'dalmnation'?"

"What?"

"What's... 'dalmnation' mean?"

[pause] "I'm sorry Grace, what word is that?"

"Dalm-na-tion!" she says with a loud voice.

"Grace, are you trying to say, 'dalmation,' or 'damnation'?" I say utterly confused.

"I want to know what dalmnation means, mom!"

"Grace! 'Dalmation' is a kind of dog that's white and has black spots or circles all over it. If you're saying 'damnation,' that means, when someone is going to the place where everyone does wrong and they can't get out."

[silence]

"Aww!" she whines with deep concern, "I have to go collect damnations so that I can win a jump rope and a water bottle!!"

Ohh!! :)

3 comments:

MaioCampo said...

HA!

Sanctification said...

DONATIONS! :)

Becky said...

That is so hilarious. Poor thing is wondering how she can possibly collect those darn damnations!

:) Gotta love the kid stories.

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)