Saturday, May 19, 2007

Losing My Beans

I saw the doctor on Wednesday after I mentioned to her last week some of the symptoms I've had for awhile that I can't explain. She had done a blood panel and discovered that my thyroid hormone is too high again (it fluxuates as it pleases). Ha! All the symptoms were right there under my nose; unable to sleep, extreme multi-tasking to the point of ineffectiveness, the room spinning, losing weight like it's bad news, never eating much, etc. I should have figured the problem out on my own. It explains now why I felt so awesome when I gave birth. I mean, I just felt so good. I had so much energy. You couldn't keep me down.

Ever since Wednesday I've been trying to gather intel of just how poor my mental facilities have become.

Last night I went to bed at ten but didn't fall asleep until 5 am. Somewhere in the mess of my thoughts in the night I remembered letting Elijah taste a smigeon of refried beans from my taco. That's not an allergen or a processed food, I surmised. But, wait a second, hmm.... Where do beans come from, anyway?

Then fear struck my heart, and my eyes flicked open with alarm. "Oh my gosh," I thought to myself, "I don't know where beans come from! I ought to, since I'm into life sciences; what's wrong with me?!? Do they come from trees?? Do they grow in pods, like peas?!? Do they grow in the ground??"

Then I started laughing. I couldn't help it.

High thyroid hormone, your weeks are numbered, and the number is six.

Tricky gland.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)