Friday, March 22, 2013

Imbue & Infuse

Christians are not like computer processors.  Yet they come to church and get the latest download, of information, and go home.  It is like a mainstreamed variety of Gnosticism as my friend Tim pointed out.  It is the belief that having the right knowledge will save.

What we find is that history can repeat itself.  All knowledge and no structures in church life for integration produces a people who know a lot and have no lifestyle to reflect what's in their mind.  They called it pharisee.

infuse: to instill a quality
Do not be deceived.  There is only one exam of whether we know Christ.  It is the highest biblical depictions of a life well lived.  Remember that in all Israel, there was no man who was like a son.  There was no heir.  Christ came as the God and Man to be the image for all of us, by grace through faith.  This image is to be infused, imbued, into our being.

imbue: to inspire or permeate with a feeling or quality
We need life paired with life in order to attain this.  We need to give Christians permission and time to think of church life together outside of the inner track of a few who put together our activities of knowledge-dispensing.

I want to be a full-color Christian.  Everything counts.  I need God to color me, to permeate me, to give me what I need.  I need Christians outside of Sundays and Wednesdays to bring me to life in God.  It is time to let down the walls and let friends in.  Let them come in and make something true-colored in application.

when blue showed up, yellow was never the same

The Image of Jesus...

Imbued, Infused Together,

By Grace,

Through Faith.





THE COLOUR OF MY LOVE by Paul Ryan

Ill paint my mood in shades of blue
Paint my soul to be with you
Ill sketch your lips in shaded tones
Draw your mouth to my own

Ill draw your arms around my waist
Then all doubt I shall erase
Ill paint the rain that softly lands on your wind-blown hair

Ill trace a hand to wipe out your tears
A look to calm your fears
A silhouette of dark and light
While we hold each other oh so tight

Ill paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that well never part
That's the colour of my love

Ill paint the truth
Show how I feel
Try to make you completely real
Ill use a brush so light and fine
To draw you close and make you mine

Ill paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that well never part
That's the colour of my love

Ill draw the years all passing by
So much to learn so much to try

And with this ring our lives will start
Swearing that well never part
I offer what you cannot buy
Devoted love until we die


No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)