Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ben is Better :)

We went to the doctor today and he was like, "Get out of here," in the way doctors usually are.  Don't you just hate it when you have to wait day after day, after day, just to talk to the doctor again and find out the answers to your concerns... and then they blow through the appointment in a measley five minutes?  Then you go out and get in the car and realize, it's over.  ...It is encouraging.

The doctor still does not know how the bleeding started or why it stopped, but said again that he had lost a lot of blood; it was a big deal.  I was able to share this testimony of the power of prayer at the coffee shop this morning.

There is no reason why he can't go back to work, but he still will take time before he can do lifting or have his energy back.  So we're pretty happy around here.  Yesterday was boring.  Ben had had the desire to "telecommute" to work as they say, but his company told him not to work until the doctor gave the ok.  So he came back into the house and got a snack and said he was going to watch youtube.
he rests his case: man-zone
 He's tired of doing that.  :)  Before he got sick he had been working on clearing out the garage so he could turn it into a man-zone.  It's not quite mannified yet, but the broken couch he likes to sit on definitely sets the tone.

I was not alone through this; I have the Church.  And the LORD gave His presence to me in a specially close way.  He shows me how close He is to me and how He is happy to be my Spiritual Head, and share His resources, His thoughts, His strategies, interests and purposes with me, even His authority.  Hmph.  I'm so blessed!  Not because I have this or that thing in my life, not even because I saw God work a miracle through my husband.  I'm blessed because He has commanded me to believe that "they will be my people, and I will be their God."  He is mine, and that makes me the richest person in the world.

A few days ago I wasn't clear headed.  After we got home from the hospital I was discouraged.  For a few hours I found myself thinking thoughts that are not aligned with God's will.  I am sad that I'm unfaithful in my humanity.  But I'm glad that I saw it for what it was and held still till the feeling and temptation passed.  It's okay to ask questions.  It's okay to be frustrated.  Are you going through some difficulty in your soul today?  Don't be afraid to name your disappointments.  If you can wait to see what God does in them, you will have passed the test and have so much deeper joy after the moment.

Ps. 119:11,
Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.
2 Tim 2:11-13,
This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
I am quite aware that Satan likes to keep disturbing me in the same tender spot, but the Light shines in the dark, and the darkness cannot overcome it.  I cannot wait to see more of God's power in my life and the lives of the ones I love.  It is a constant prayer!!




2 comments:

rsctt603 said...

he is a bitter enemy...

http://www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

http://www.mysterymomcooks.blogspot.com

Sanctification said...

rsctt603,

he is.. nice blogs!

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)