Monday, September 10, 2007

A Holy Community

For a long time in various different avenues I have noticed that when God needs to do a work in someone I know He also works in me simultaneously. That is why it is a beautiful thing to be within a community of other seekers of Jesus Christ.

When novel ideas are put into motion to bring a city to believe in Christ as in the case of Riverfest, there are many prayers that go up to bring it to a success. But God answers the prayers of the upright man in a powerful way, and a man would be upright if he is yielded to the Holy Spirit's will in all matters of life.

I drove around the city a lot today. I thought of me, when I was 12, 15, 17.... Many years where I thought that Christianity was some old-fashioned cultural leftover and nothing more. I had no clue. I wonder how it is that my heart was softened to accept the gospel when I heard it. How many unknown numbers of church-goers in this area are praying right now for that very thing for today's lost and backslidden. I can feel it. I can feel the prayers rising up everywhere and I can feel the people being readied to catch the pleasant aroma of Jesus.

I am a receiver myself of the work; that is how I can feel it in others.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)