Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Across the Street

I'm usually not into talking about ministry because I want to stay far from boasting or the appearance of it.

Today though I think I want to so that I can see God at work.

There's a couple across the street who have children and grandkids whom they love in Arizona, and no other close-by family. She has had an increasingly difficult case with her health, because doctors made mistakes on more routein things.

And I've been making mistakes too. At times when I haven't been paying attention to God's Spirit, God has arranged time spent with them and I'd ask questions, that, when I look back, I realize they were not sensitive enough. And at the same time God is making me in a general way more aware of ministries of preaching or not preaching and consideration for where it is He wants me to be. So my awareness of "spiritual need" is somehow coming back.

I just wish it wasn't me, this time.

I want to do something for her. I can't make her a meal because she's on puree. She says she doesn't need help getting around. Etc., Etc. Plus I'd be ready to mention Jesus or ask her if I can pray with her but I remember that they mentioned they had a Buddha statue in their yard, and since I don't know much about what she believes in I'm afraid to offend her by even mentioning Jesus. This time, there is no strategy and I feel empty-handed.

Yet I feel like God wants me to be there anyway. I may not be there to do anything except be human. My children and I are going over today to visit her (she misses her children a lot).

Before I go I'm going to spend some time in prayer.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)