Friday, October 06, 2006

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Phil. 2:12

If these are the terms, I'll be ok.

If He wants me to be ordinary, I'll do it. If it means that He will be more clear.

All this pruning business I've focused on in the last year. All this dead growth He won't let my eyes have a break from. I hate seeing my sin. Hate it. But, I'm getting used to it. And I'm not getting any better, either; no-no, I'm still very much a loser. I'm only reconciling myself to the idea that God accepts me, qualifies me. That's the one, and only, point of progress in this whole mess. And, there, in that, I find peace with this nasty age of procuring my growth.

Today when I pulled up in the drive I noticed the roses. Yes, I literally "pruned" them in each mild season. It's their color, though -- each of them is more colorful, now, then they had been in the past.















God knows I rest my laurels in gardening on where I am with Him. I can't help it, with so many parallels He wished to draw to compare me with the growth of plants, in scripture.

So, I am excited. Because I saw what was before, and, now, the colors are more vibrant. May the LORD make me vibrant in showing off Him.

No comments:

blog archive

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)